Sunday, August 9, 2009

bathtime games

eric here. the other day i was bathing ezra before putting him down for the night when i decided to get out the ol' video camera. i occasionally try to videotape things other than the regular videotape-able events like birthdays and school plays (ok, we haven't had one of those yet, but no doubt we will). anyway, ezra's vocabulary is growing by leaps and bounds, as we've noted on previous posts. in order to show off his new vocab skills, i decided to play a game with him in the tub. thinking i was being smart, i cheated by going over every single object with him before turning on the video camera so that once the camera was on, he wouldn't skip a beat. he knew every single one except the very last - "plane!" i just knew he'd be brilliant! let the games begin! i next turn on the camera (slyly, by the way, because he's already camera-shy, like his dad) and began the game. well, ezra had a game of his own he wanted to play: the let's-frustrate-daddy-by-pretending-not-to-know-the-answers game. it worked. yep, he didn't say a single one EXCEPT the very last - "plane!" are you kiddin' me?! turns out the game he wanted to play was a whole lot cuter and more fun than my game.

6 comments:

Shannon said...

Hilarious! Poor daddy, you tried so hard! I got a good laugh out of it...but hey he knows ball ;)

Gil House said...

You're right. Ball seems to be his go-to word when he wants to say something but is either embarrassed, flustered, or just not sure what to say. You can find that in a few of our videos (and in real life too!).

karen said...

LOVED THIS!!! You captured an interchange any parent of toddler's recognizes when it comes to getting babes to perform for a camera. :) I don't know who is cuter--baby or daddy! Ezra's expressions are hilarious! And it does sound like he is bailing with, "I don't know!" :) His victorious arm up in the air "Ball!" should answer any question; right, Dad? Tooooo cute!!! Just love it!

Christy said...

We have officially watched this about twenty times! As soon as I sit down at the computer my little stubborn talker crawls all over me saying "ezz" "ezz" and won't give in until we watch our best bud!

karen said...

This makes me laugh every time I watch it! I absolutley love this interchange with you two. Do you think he is saying "boat" or " a boat" for the taxi?

karen said...

March 6, 2010--This is still one of my favorite videos of Ezra and Daddy--I just love this!